Saturday 7 December 2013

New content, toys, features, etc.

The RedBlacks have certainly hit the ground running since the final gun went off at Grey Cup 101.  As a result, I've added some bells and whistles to this blog as well.

The first couple of additions are rather obvious. We now have a pages specific to the coaching staff and roster.  No doubt the RedBlacks themselves will do the same soon and render mine pointless, but in the spirit of being a "one-stop shopping" type of site, I forged ahead.  May as well do it now before it becomes a huge undertaking.

I've added a search function as well, at top right.  It didn't seem necessary when there were only a few posts on here but the more content is added about the various teams around town, the more handy it'll become for visitors, I figure.

Last, but I hope not least, is a "related blog" list, currently displaying my Team Canada Football site.

http://teamcanadafootball.blogspot.ca/

I'm a big fan of the National program. If you see a guy walking around town with a red Football Canada hoodie, that's probably me.  :-)

Football Canada does a good job of displaying details and results in regards to the more recent teams to participate internationally, but information about some past clubs (prior to 2009) can be difficult to locate. 

For that reason I've begun locating storing it for myself, as well as any details I can find about upcoming events.  As much as I wold love to see the RedBlacks fully embraced by Ottawa, I would also love to see interest in the National teams increase from coast to coast.

It is the only blog listed, but I may eventually create more of them dedicated to specific teams or pehaps level of play (high school, for example, since there's little coverage for it).  This is still being figured out as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment