Sunday 1 December 2013

History: "CFL Returns to Ottawa" (Renegades)

Due to a need for a little more basement space, some of my football merchandise and mementos are getting boxed up today.

In recent months, the more real the RedBlacks became, the more I soured on the Renegades.  Watching the RedBlacks organisation present itself professionally just underscored what a clown car the Renegades were far too often.

But going through my merchandise did bring back some pretty pleasant memories of meeting a bunch of great people and being reunited with old friends. And while it's easy to be focused on how the Gliebermans managed to turn a bad thing into something even worse, the first couple of years weren't that bad.

My 2003 programs were among the boxed items.  I took a flip through a couple of them before storing them.  The article below trumpets the return of the league to Ottawa in a brief recap of the previous season. I thought that those who missed it, longer had access to it or simply didn't care at the time might find it interesting.  It'll be easier to read if you right click and open it in a separate window.


No comments:

Post a Comment